Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
While crawling around under the mota and destroying my sump plug this weekend I noticed that the tread on the driver side front wheel has worn through on the inside 1" of the wheel. It has not done so on any other wheel or anywhere else on that wheel. The tyre pressures are all OK and there doesnt appear to be any failed bushes etc at that wheel, and I haven't noticed any tracking issues. Can anyone point this novice at some likely causes?

Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by scminks:
[qb]also check out the lower ball joint on the wheel hub,as this caused the same wear on my carly.hope its just the tracking.does it pull to one side when you let go of the wheel?    
  simon. [/qb][/b]
I wouldn't say it is pulled to one side...unless there is a camber on the road

·
Registered
341 Posts
Probably better off in doing so Kevster, as it might put the reading out a bit. I guess the Saab is a wee bit different to the VW Golf Mk I cabrio that I have.

On that theres a bolt with a cam thats turned on the strut in order to get the adjustment. Its possible that a change of suspension (lowering) could cause the camber to be out a little etc..

All will be revealed when you bring your car in,
they have everything by make and model and know what settings should be what . Assuming its a simliar setup to the one I went to over here in Ireland.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Better get those poly bushes ordered and fitted, otherwise I'm gonna be looking for a pair of front tyres as well

The local AA service centre say they have a 4 wheel alignment system that works on lasers. Is this the system being recommended above?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.