Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys,

I've uploaded a meagre 5 pictures from todays event. Sorry I didn't take more and I didn't mean to leave anyone out intentionally. Well, it was cold and wet and I didn't feel like getting wet taking loads of photos! Click on the link below to check the photos.

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/usd2004

Hopefully some of the partcipants will be along shortly to add more pics and report on their findings and experiences.

[edit]Check out the USD Website

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
god it was wet ...
these proxes really really work well in the wet

Lost one of my wipers at 145+

My bonnet caused me all ends of trouble trying to shake itself free...methinks it was a wheel balance problem

tied it down with a rachet tie down and maxed it .., about 160 but it was really really scary

bottom tray detached itself at the back and the bottom front spoiler will have to be re-attached as its looking a bit squiff...

off to bed
up at 5am to fly to sausage land...
good to meet eric and some old faces ...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb] maxed it .., about 160 but it was really really scary

[/qb][/b]
a great day and my first track event, Was that figure an estimate then, cos I could've sworn my measured max of 152mph was just behind your recorded max of 155.1mph.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Andy Aero:
[qb]Was that figure an estimate then, cos I could've sworn my measured max of 152mph was just behind your recorded max of 155.1mph.       [/qb][/b]
Ah, ylee's extra 3 stages were partly counteracted by wiper drag.

All shall be revealed when the data logs have been processed, should be very interesting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got a mail from one of the other chaps helping on the day - Ylee's Vmax was indeed 155.1mph - in a 10mph headwind...... whilst raining....... on a completely sodden track. Ylee I salute you

Andy, very impressed with yours chap - certainly looked to be shifting well when I saw it

Heres to the next one guys!!

Matt

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
a great day and my first track event, Was that figure an estimate then, cos I could've sworn my measured max of 152mph was just behind your recorded max of 155.1mph.  [/b]
maybe... but things were vibrating so much and I had to do this while peering through the passangers windscreen (I wasn't being fresh matt)....

I consider it ok

It peaked at over 170 on the rollers at power engineering...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts