Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Around 2005 the VED went up considerably on some bands of cars. When looking at a car from 2005+ i strongly suggest you check here first: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-vehicle-tax-rates.

For example a 9-5 Aero manual will cost £290.00 per annum but the same spec car with an auto box is £490.00. Needless to say there are a lot of cheap auto's out there.

Strongly suggest anyone buying keeps this in mind, its also a good negotiating point.

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Problem,

You see a lot of cheap performance cars due to this, really hit the Subaru market hard, making WRX's hard to sell on. Few people want to pay £500.00 per annum on a 3.5k car

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
the main reason I have diesels these days £130.00 p/a

good site though zohan for those that were not aware it existed, as it will help with misleading answers when someone asks for the tax cost, as the vert, wagon, saloon and auto are all different

I wonder sometimes what the government plays at as not everyone can afford a new low tax band car.......which is what they are after!!

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was looking to buy and flip an Audi a while ago, big petrol engine, auto but cheap. the tax was around a grand!
...then the penny drops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts