Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Used to work for a company which owned the RAC and had some oversight of their IT programme to split it out into the new Venture Capital company that bought it a couple of years back. Lets just say I've seen more modern technology at Bletchley Park.

I wouldn't use them any more than the AA to be honest.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
no one would buy a jag if people knew their warehouse systems were still run from "green screen" style systems lol but as long as it does the job why change? i guess

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
If you don't like old tech then don't go on a train as even the new trains use a 386 running windows 3.1 & that has all the drive by wire data going through it but luckily there's a hardwire backup incase it crashes

·
Registered
284 Posts
no one would buy a jag if people knew their warehouse systems were still run from "green screen" style systems lol but as long as it does the job why change? i guess
That's reliable and kept for a reason, these systems weren't. A half attempt at modernisation bodged together.

·
SaabScene.com Premium Member
1,136 Posts
And for the record, the original Saab breakdown cover was carried out by RAC. And RAC support Porsche when under warranty as well, as my boss found out last week when his 6 month old Cayenne had a flat battery in work lol.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
fingers crossed next year will be like last year that i wont need to call a breakdown service, so i have only chucked away £19 instead of £34 lol

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
And for the record, the original Saab breakdown cover was carried out by RAC. And RAC support Porsche when under warranty as well, as my boss found out last week when his 6 month old Cayenne had a flat battery in work lol.
When I bought my saab I got AA cover, bought it from Droitwich Saab

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mine has AA paperwork and brochure in with the handbook too. Previous to me owning it mind, but is for the first 2 years IIRC of the car.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
21 - 30 of 30 Posts