Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a look at my OSF tyre which has been deflating itself every week for the last month, and had also developed a nasty shake this week.

erm... worn out I think...

Also, the inner sidewall has split most nastily most of the way round...

At least it has done 7500 miles.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Maybe a slight lack of traction due to slight lack of restraint with the right foot methinks , large amount of bhp = red mist = melted tyre .
it does not look so much worn as melted .at your age learn to slow down, take it easy, O what the hell!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason,

I have 11 16"cross spokes and 8 16" Aero's wheels for the Carlsson and the Aero.

I've had a cross spoke on the OSF since getting a puncture a while ago, and have just swapped it for another cross spoke tonight (Pirelli P700 on this one with 3mm tread).

I will be getting rid o a set soon, just need to refinish them

Andrew

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scaero owner ,
I suggest you check the condition of the control arm rear bushes. When these go the tyre wears on the inboard edges just like in you pictures[/b]
Would those be the butterfly bushes??

I which case I have a set of poly waiting to go on.

Asmit was though, it looks like the tyre carcass has broken up on the inner edge.

Andrew

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero owner:
[qb]worn out I think...

Also, the inner sidewall has split most nastily most of the way round...        

At least it has done 7500 miles.    

Andrew [/qb][/b]
7500 miles
That is about 7000 more miles then you get in the Lakes

·
Registered
765 Posts
On the subject of tyres, I have had Pirelli's,Vredsteins(shocking) and recently I have just fitted Debica Presto +, Polish make, £200 for 4 (kwik fit)and I can honestly say they are superb !!, good wearing, great handling both wet & dry also seen some heavy breaking !! Cannot fault, has anyone else tried them ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.