Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbo Talker James has suggested it would be OK to post this, hope you all agree. Its not a commercial post, just a recommendation for a really useful bit that will be of use to all of us with sagging headliners.

B+M Latex Upholstery,
73 Station Road,
Addlestone, Surrey. KT15 2AP
Tele: 01932 - 847793 / 844040
Contact name: Brian

I found his website by chance on the internet, looking for a temporary fix for my very own sagging headliner.

He sells screw/twist pins. They have a transparent plastic head which I think is slightly bigger than that of a drawing pin, but the spike is curly (like a pigs tail as he put it) and is no more than half an inch long. Ideal for screwing into the foam headliner backing as a temporary measure.

He normally deals in internet, credit cards or callers in his shop, but suggested I send him the money in a SAE, specify what I want, and he will simply post back (he said it would be too small an amount for him to fiddle with credit cards - I think thats reasonable).

After all, they are only .12 p each !!!

He seems a helpfull guy, but someone who would appreciate a couresy call before you go ahead and send off for them.

When mine arrive, I will make a nice pattern with them and they will probably still be up there in 6 months time, as they shouldnt be an eyesore.

Hope this info is useful.

Cheers,
Andy.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now fitted some twist pins (actualy found some in a haberdashery shop locally this afternoon, so didnt need B&M Latex in the end).

Although not ideal, they do not look too obvious. The headlining is pinned back nicely and the heads of the pins just look like 20 clear shirt buttons dotted about the roof in an orderly fashion.

Be very careful though. If the lining is a bit brittle, the very task of screwing pins tears the fabric very slightly and the lining could just peel back over the top of the button if it tears too much.

I have complete confidence that they will hold the roof for at least a year or so (if I want to leave it that long).

Cheers,
Andy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts