Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signal used to make a rather loud clicking sound when engaged. In the last week, the turn signals blink, but the tell-tale, loud clicking is gone. I miss it! How can this be fixed? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Super Moderator
2,693 Posts
warpedw,

I think the sound is an artificially generated one made audible by the little speaker in the middle of the dash top. These get 'tired' over the years and you really need to replace it to get your sounds back. Check by driving off with your hand brake up a few 'clicks'. You should get a warning sound via the same system. I think that the seatbelt warning is also via that speaker though this is often switched off when the car is new.

Paul @ Kippen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had that problem. It is indeed a small speaker which is integrated on the circuitboard of the SID. If you are happy with soldering it is quite easy to change, the issue being to find a speaker of the same size. I happened to have an old SID with dead pixels and simply scavanged the old speaker.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you find as natoqc says, it is that speaker/piezo on the SID circuitboard you will find Digi-Key Electronics have huge amounts to choose from (plus they're USA based).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts