Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my turbo/APC gauge only goes just into the yellow, then drops back down to the white as soon as i drop the revs. I cant get it any where near the red even at 4000rpm in 3rd! the Aero's back box is blowing, which is getting fixed temporarily tomorrow while I wait for the JT system, could this be anything to do with it?
Is this a leaking hose somewhere or something more worrying/expensive?

thanks again!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Sounds very much as if the wastegate actuator rod has fallen off the wastegate lever. Not uncommon on the Aero. With the engine cold, find the rod as it comes out of the actuator (metal can to the right and under the turbo as you look from the front). If the rod feels as if it's only fixed at the metal can and not the other end, then that's what has happened. You can fit it back onto the lever yourself, but you'll need a spring clip to hold it as it will fall off again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same thing happened to mine, but the hole in the wastegate peg which the spring clip fits into is still blocked with the remains of the old spring clip so I was unable to secure the rod in place conventionally. MarkE suggested a technique which has worked, vis-a-vis to hold the wastegate actuator rod in place with a piece of wire around the turbo body and this has now done a few hundred miles and still working fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts