Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been phoning around for prices to get my turbo rebuilt,I am a little concerned about the differance in prices,the lowest so far is a guaranteed,no more than £300,picked up and delivered to my door,to one that is well over £600 and I have to pay postage.So can I ask for your experiances,good or bad,and what did you pay??

·
Registered
188 Posts
MIKE H

there are people who rebuild turbos and there are people who think they can, the dearest is not always the best, turbo building and balancing requirers very expensive equipment and without it there is no way the job can be done proffessonally,

ask how the firm involved goes about rebuilding chargers, warranty periods etc, you should get a feel for their expertise through their answers,
I would have thought between £300 to £350 for a quallity exchange unit, although you could be charged more if the exhaust side casting is cracked this is common on saab turbos but the extra cost should only be in the region of £85 ish £600 seems a bit excesive, I got my last tubo through a contact I have who works for garret turbos, can't tell you the cost (far to cheap)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts