Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the effect of fitting a TD04 turbo onto a 2.3FPT, as a replacement for the T25, without changing any software in the ECU? Would it have any adverse effects on the autobox?

I just want to know if anyone has done it before and what the outcome was.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Neil, I'm sure you'll get a more relevant answer soon but when I looked at doing this to my 9-5, ie fitting the Aero TD04 turbo to a LPT the guys suggested I'd get more turbo lag due to the bigger turbo and would need to get the ECU upgraded to use it to any benefit too

Not sure if the same applies to your application as yours is already a FPT

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Neil(CS2.3T):
[qb]What would be the effect of fitting a TD04 turbo onto a 2.3FPT, as a replacement for the T25, without changing any software in the ECU? Would it have any adverse effects on the autobox?

I just want to know if anyone has done it before and what the outcome was. [/qb][/b]
On a pre-Trionic car? I might be able to tell you fairly soon, although I've been assured that the APC will adapt.

But from what I've been told, there probably wouldn't be any major power gains from doing this, the APC would need to be reprogrammed to provide a boost curve to exploit the new turbo. That is the bigger problem, unless you're happy using an MBC of course.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not particularly after a power gain at the moment. My T25 is on it's last legs (cracked housing and now smokes on run down after high boost). I have a TD04 sitting in the garage so was thinking of putting it to use rather than sourcing another T25. The thoughts above are basically what I was thinking so I'll probably give it a go shortly. (Might also get rid of the horrible wastegate rattle I've got.)

Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts