Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Today, the turbo on my 94 Aero (2.0 Turbo) appears to have a major problem. I was on the highway and began to hear a grinding type of sound and noticed a loss in power. I took the next exit and noticed a loss in acceleration. While accelerating, I could hear the turbo to start spinning up, but then the wonderful whine sound turned into a grinding sound with no additional power.
The boost gauge has a white, then yellow bar path with orange to the right. The boost guage would go up to where the white and yellow meet and not go any farther.
On my drive back home, I noticed a power boost when I had to pass a car and saw the boost back to its normal position...immediately followed by the grinding sound, boost gauge dropping back to the white/yellow point and loss of power.

If I were to guess, the grinding sound sounds like a bearing.

I do not know if this is a turbo problem since it spins up under light loads...just doesn't give the normal boost and sounds bad. I wonder if it could be a wastegate problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since there are no saab places I can take my car to that I trust in my area.

An americano living in naples italy.

regards,
john [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.