Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pressure of my turbo goes into the red and further on too, until the fuel cutoff switch intervenes. I tried to remove the BPC valve, but it' s the same. the wastegate is not blocked (I can move it with my hand, but I don't know how strong it has to be). What can I do? Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
When you said you removed the BPC valve (and I presume you mean the APC solenoid) do you mean you just removed the electrical connector or physically bypassed the solenoid? I recently had one of the solenoids on my APC valve burn out which resulted in the path to the wastegate jamming shut. Disconnecting the valve had no effect on boost - I was getting full boost (in fact overboost) regardless of whether the APC solenoid was connected. If this is the problem, the only solution is a replacement solenoid (or possible squirting some WD40 through the valve).

Martin

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the '87 has the old style solenoid.. but you could still use it to test the 95's solenoid... hook it up the same way as a newer one, but don't try to plug it in, and you will only get base boost. so in effect, you can use it for testing if you have a stuck solenoid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.