Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or the silver cylinderical object attached to the turbo unit with a rod connecting to the wastegate.....following on from my success to release the seized wastegate, how can one tell or determine whether the actuator is working. I can move the rod which opens the wastegate at the turbo end but where the rod comes out of the actuator, there appears to be some play/gap! Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The actuator rod should be connected to the wastegate by an "R" clip, as I recently discovered on this thread. Now reconnected there is no play in mine. If there's tons of play yours may be disconnected. It's also possible yours has lost the clip but is still hanging on in there, hence the play. You can see easily enough from under the car.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Remove the 'w' pipe from the APC valve, suck it whilst watching the actuator rod. You should see it move, depending on how hard you can suck!!!
There is always a gap between the pushrod and the cylinder, that's normal. You should also be able to pull the rod part way out of the cylinder against spring pressure.
Pete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts