Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just broken the first rule of car maintainance - I've disconnected a wire without noting where it came from

On an '89 turbo, under the steering column, there is a plastic turbo overpressure switch, with two wires connecting to it. Unfortunately, there are three terminals and I don't know which to connect.

With the unit on the bench, there is continuity between terminals 2 and 3. I've tried blowing down the vacuum tube to simulate turbo pressure but I don't think I've enough lungpower - the continuity doesn't change, anyway.

The query is, should there be continuity normally, or should I have one connector on terminal 1 - if so, where does the other cable go, 2 or 3?

If it helps, the Saab part number is 8594632, and both wires are green and white.

I would appreciate any help asap as I would hate to misconnect it and fry the APC box or something.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Sorry, I cant remember, but look at it this way, one way it will start, the other it won't.

No damage will occur, it will either work properly, or think it's over boosting and not start.

Andrew

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that sounds logical. Tried connecting 1 and 2 and it won't start.

Connected 2 and 3 and it runs. I'll try a full-pressure run in the morning (Green Flag are quicker, then )

Thanks for the quick reply, too - most appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.