Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brothers 2.3 FPT has started sulking.. the turbo gauge goes up to the level indicating atmospheric pressure but will not boost beyond it. A quick check under the bonnet shows no obvious loose pipes..

Any suggestions?

Steve

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
i have the same problem on my 2.3T , so far I have checked waste gate,OK ,dump valve working OK, Actuator movement free,and diaphram tests OK,repiped dump valve and waste gate to APC valve.there is no apreciable differance when driven with waste gate pipe is removed.I am now begining to doubt it is the turbo , as when I took the car out this morning , untill the engine was warm , it was as flat as a pancake , put your foot down hard and boost needle rises to start of yellow segment and acceleration stops,ease back on throttle and she will start to pick up.Feels as if it's to far retarded.?????

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I had this same problem just after I did the head gasket on my 2.3T. It turned out to be the vacuum pipe off the dump valve had split, it looked ok at first glance, but when I removed it, it turned out to be perished and split at the end. I cut the end off and replaced and all is fine. ( Must get round to renewing before it goes again. )

Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.