Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 93, 9000 CSE full turbo, 111k miles, in Scotland UK.
I recently had the rod slip off the turbo actuator & wastegate, which meant the turbo would not engage and the car drove like a normally aspirated car.
This has now been fixed, with a new retaining clip, and full power was resumed.
However, I was driving it hard the other day when the turbo meter reading needle on my dash got stuck, just off the white & into the yello band.
The turbo is still fully operational it seems, with no loss in power, but wondered if you knew what the dash fault may be (there are no other error readings) and how I might be able to fix ?
Any info greatly appreciated
Many thanks

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Sounds like you have a split or detached pipe between the manifiold and the guage.

I'd go hunting for stray pipes starting from the pipe that goes through the bulkhead near the trottle cable and working back.

A.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree to what Andrew says. The turbo gauge measures differential pressure betwen the inlet and outlet of the turbo device. If the turbo is operational and you have no reading at the gauge, the only possibility is that air lines transmitting the pressure are broken (it has to be that or a non working gauge)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts