Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I need to have all the gaskets and nuts and studs i need to do a complete turbo swap by Sat. My 87 9000T has had a dying turbo for some time now, and it's on it's last legs. I have a replacement laying aroun in GOOD shape, but i need all the gaskets and nuts and bolts to install it properly. My Delema, tonight or tomorrow I must have the parts ordered, but i don't have a full list (i think) of all the gaskets i need. I know i need the Turbocharger to Manifold Gasket, do i need the Exhaust manifold gasket? What other gaskets should i get, and this is so i never hafta do this again to this car, so i need to do it right the first time. Also if you know where i can get the gaskets from and to me by Friday/Sat. that would be great.

Also "Genuine Turbocharger Gasket Set
For Turbocharger Installation" Would that really all i need?! I found it here All Foreign

Thanks, any fast replies would be well appriciated. Peace

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did exhaust manifold stud on MY96 9000 CS LPT and recall that if I only wanted to get turbo off and on again, then the rectangular metal turbo gasket was all that was necessary as turbo to downpipe is a tapered joint.

You will need new copper washers for the various oil and water banjos, or if you are confident, try annealing the old ones.

HTH,

Pete

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stopped in at Saab today and made my orders

ordered the:
Intake Manifold Gsaket
Turbo to Exhaust gasket
Oil inlet and oulet gaskets
The O-ring for the oil outlet
and 3 studs, just incase.... the scarry thing is what they list for. If i had to pay FULL cost it wold come out to $142 for that!! I will only hafta pay a little over $100 tops, uless my friend Dave gets back and he seems to know how to de-duct more behind Saab's back for me Sadly he wasn't there today or yesturday. He prob. got liad off for doing that kind of thing. lol Hope not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.