Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips on how to successfully remove/replace/repair turbo water cooling pipe which has pinhole leak approx half way along pipe('93 9000 CS LPT). It is in a very awkward position and appears almost impossible to get a spanner on. Also any idea of size of spanner(s) required - sorry I am being a bit lazy.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Is it the top or botton one? Most of the banjo nuts are 19mm although I have found a smaller sized banjo nut on one of my other cars. Taking off looks actually harder than it is. I would recommend changing the pipe as if its corroded enough to have a pin hole in then it could be thin enough to fracture altogether.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I'm in exactly the same position with my '94 CSE. The lower coolant pipe is corroded and leaking. Got it off no problem but getting the replacement on just wouldn't work because I couldn't tighten the banjo joint properly by the water pump. The way to do it will be to drop the downpipe from the turbo to give better access, but the nuts on the downpipe are siezed and rounded so I couldn't remove them without having replacements. I now have replacement nuts and all banjo sealing washers, so I reckon it will be no problem with the application of a nut splitter on the nuts.

I'll change the oil feed pipe while I'm at it as that's corroded too. All banjo joints on my '94 are 12mm, like they are on my '96 Aero.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts