Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have been reading your posts here for sometime. You have such a nice webboard.
I have a problem with my 1995/9000CS2.0LPT, maptun stage1. When I accelerate hard turbo pressure is swinging between 10-15psi. What happen is the pressure guage's needle goes up quickly up to 17-18psi when I accelerate. Then drop sharply to~10psi and keep swinging up and down continueously , also the engine noise indicate the same. I think all the hose are intact, the APC and dump valve are working fine. Anyone experience this before?

·
Registered
382 Posts
hello to everyone in thailand
sounds like your actuator, you should try speaking to fredrik at maptun, they make a uprated actuator now. it works great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello cdcarlsson,

The whole system was custom made by local race car exhaust shop. It took around 1 week for the job. I had to leave my car at the shop though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi ylee coyote, from turbo out is 2 1/2" then 3" all the way to tail pipe. This system cost me 13000baht(~200pounds/2600sek). It makes the engine sound very nice, not very loud, sort of low frequency hum. I'm not sure how much exact performance increase. I can feel that turbo spool up quicker and acceleration is better especially at the top end. It does give me more

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi, welcome,

If the car stops pulling - feels like you have hit the brake pedal - it could be overboosting and hitting the fuel cut off. The engine will then pick up again and hit the cut off - again,....and again.....
That's what mine was doing - the actuator needed adjustment and lubication.
It's fine now

Alyn

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just replaced new wastegate actuator, boost pressure rise and fall very smooth and stable now.

The replacement is HKS 0.8bar wastegate actuator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts