Votes: 7 7.8%

Votes: 38 42.2%

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have looked underneath and it's still there but I guess it's just an empty box. So I've bought another one already, clean and undamaged.
Both the EGR and DPF have been deleted. I'm waiting now for a Genuine ECU file before fitting the DPF otherwise I guess it's going to get clogged in no time.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
The TTID was famous for being remapped and the EGR and DPF delete being Carried out ,
I forget what his name was but if you do a search on here I think it's titled DPF meltdown,
What he did to get rid of the back pressure was to drill some holes in the ceramic part just deep enough, and that cured his problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My problem is not a blocked DPF.
What I need is to get the ECU back to the factory map (180bhp) with an operating EGR and a DPF (which I've bought already) so I won't have to worry about the MOT.
It's true that the car is pulling like it tries to take off but I'm sure it won't be that bad in a normal state.
EGR and DPF are deleted, egr blocked and DPF emptied.
I have asked a lot of people with remap adverts and no one can find a basic / factory file for my TTID.
Don't get me wrong, it's not smoking like chimney, but is not acceptable for me and neither for those driving behind me, I guess.
I have a booking at Holdcroft Saab Hanley at the end of February.
They said they will try but they cannot guarantee the job.
I guess I can't say I can't guarantee the payment :) 💸

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Where abouts are you...I know someone who can do this or if you have the correct tools I can get the file.
Do you know which version you currently have on the car (opcom should get it for you £15)
Should be able to load with Kez or MPPS v16 (£15) but its preferable to have a full read of the ECU via BDM
in case there are problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Stafford.
I do have opcom, MPPS and Kees v2.
Last night I had a chat with @teapot on VectraC forum and I'll send him a read of the current map file.
Told me he'll make it smoke free with 210-220bhp,
if it's still smoking he will reduce the fuel to a certain point were there will be no smoke.
Of course, all of the above are valid if there are no other faults.
Considering that the boost pressure on opcom shows 300-310kpa on full throttle, I guess the turbo it's not that bad.
Maybe a faulty injector? Don't know, we'll see.
Thank you, I'll be back with updates. (good ones I hope)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
As you are running opcom do the inector variance test ...values +-2 or lower are good....anything >3 then injector issue...copper seal or injector itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just had a check right now.
None of them go past 0.90 (+or-)
Usually they sit around 0.4-0.6 (+or-)

Just got the remap file from teapot!
Tomorrow I'll be on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As an update, I've tried to upload the new file in the ecu and at 35% got an error.
From this point no connection with the ecu was possible, so I had to send it to teapot in order to probe it with a BDM tool on the bench.
Probably my cheap Kess clone was not good enough for the job.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts