Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Since I had many troubles with my TTID (and especially about pollution, EGR valve or DPF...) I ask to myself : what if I disable the EGR by the ECU ?

I see that many threads (on ECU forums) are about ECU files with EGR off, but I don't know what users though about the use of the car after this modification.

Some of you guys could tell me if it's a better car ?
What about the pollution ? (not only in measured in Technical control centers, but visually at the exhausts ends too).

A "simple" remap with EGR Off is enough, or install a blanking plate is recommended in addition ?

A DPF-off is it recommended in same time ? Or is it possible to have only EGR off without issues ?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the DPF gutted and deleted which made a massive difference to the ownership of the car. My EGR is still present but it’s only a couple of bolts and a quick clean, but I’ve not had a problems with EGR.

DPF removal is illegal in the UK but car passes emissions test each year:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your feedback ! ;)

It's illegal in France too... but if there is no visible difference from under the car... it's ok.

If we delete the EGR, maybe the DPF will less clogged ? no ?
How clean are your exhaust ends since your DPF off ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I use regular Shell Diesel then over a week it will get sooty, but a wipe with a cloth gets rid. If I use Shell V-Power diesel it’s clean for ages doing the same commute route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts