Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tyres will need replacing soon. I am at a x roads as what to do. Stay on original size 205/55/16 or move to 225/50/16. I am looking at either Bridgestone Potenza's or (Michelin pilot sport which I can get at trade) due to where I work. Or do I go for a larger wheel/tyre upgrade to 17 inch. I know the PCD is 108 mm and the standard ET 27. This is the same as some Fords/Peugeots. But I am not sure what ET would be for a larger wheel of 7 inch. But I like the unmod look. I would like some feedback on this as I am increasing the performance in all areas of the car over the next few months(Brakes this month)

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
If you keep the original Aero wheels, stay with the original tyre size, that's what Saab designed to work best with the car, to overtyre a car is as bad as to undertyre.
Best tyres for 205/55x16 IMHO is the Bridgestone SO-3, no question

If you are going down the other mods route, suspension, brakes, more power etc, then IMHO go the 17" route, but you'll have the expense of new tyres and wheels....

For the correct ET on 17" do a search, there has been plenty of posts on the subject of ET for 17" wheels on a 9000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.