Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about my transmission..

I recently bought a 1993 SAAB 9000 CSE
Very good car.

I recently developed some problems though with my automatic transmission and I am not sure to what extent the problem is or how to fix it.

My problem is that my car will not go into gear when I move the lever/clutch. The car seems to remain in the Neutral/Idle mode even though clutch moves past all the options it doesn't seem to lock in place other than in "N" or "P"

My motor, electrical parts, etc work fine.

I have checked the transmission fluid and there seems to be a good amount of fluid in the reservoir but I am not sure if its enough.

I am very much hoping its something that can be repaired preferably by myself because I can not currently afford a new transmission for my baby.

During the day the car broke down I was expirimenting (probably stupidly) with using the 3rd and 2nd gear to give the car more power on hills, etc. (Something I have never done) I am not sure if this contributed to this device's failure but I wanted to include that info.

Thanks for any assistance...

-Jonathan Marc

1 - 2 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.