Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that if you replace the TCS throttle body with a new one it has to be programmed (with tech2/isat) and have a calibration run (for the ecu to learn the setting?) which runs the car up to 3000 rpm or something like that.

But my question is, if you change the ECU, do you need to do the calibration run again? is it the ecu that stores the TCS throttle body setting and auto/manual mode??

Andrew

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you do a callibration on tcs it is the ecu that you are programming,are you sure it is the ecu,ive only changed one through flood damage it is usually the by pass or an air leak even the throttle pedal pot.Im not questioning your abillity it is just that i have had a lot of experience on tcs on im supprised with the ecu and if you do change it there is at least 6 types.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm,
I think I didn't explain very well or misunderstand how many ecu's there are.

I have a CS Aero with TCS and Trionic 5.

I'm planning a Trionic upgrade to release more power

I don't know if its the trionic t5 thats programmed about the tcs throttle setting or if there is a separate tcs ecu that is programmed (i.e when you fit a new tcs throttle body).

As to TCS, it's working fine, and I want it to stay like that...

Andrew

·
Registered
66 Posts
But if we are on about the vacumn operated tcs as on Carlson and Griffin the tcs has a seperate unit which needs calibration at operating temp.
It is under the pass seat and the part no is 4239190.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same TCS on my '91 carlsson and my '93 Aero (and my CSET).

I was never sure if the were elctric motor driven or vacuum. They all have a vacuum pipe to the top of them which I though was for tripping to the backup limp home cable throttle.

But back to the original Qn, if I chnage the Trionic T5 on a '93 Aero with the above TCS, do I need to recalibrate?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No they are independant systems.Both systems use the same inj temp sensor but that is not an issue,if you want any tech illustrations not a problem,the only time you will touch tcs calibration is after a ceryain tc or idling problem or a new tcs component.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts