Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to test the lambda output.
Does anybody know the pin number on the trionic multiplug for the oxygen sensor.
Car is occasionally stalling at idle possibly due to weak mixture.(I know the mixture is weak because of the spark plug colour)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't know the pin out but I wouldn't be so sure that the Lambda was at fault. Stalling at idle is more often caused by a gummed up Idle Control Valve.
Trionic engines run very clean, the plugs on mine always look to be on the lean side compared to other engines.
When I had a Lamda fault it affected driveability - snatchy and lumpy at low speeds.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply Derek.
I did clean the ICV a year ago, maybe it's worth another go. Not the easiest thing to get to.
The plugs are ultra clean and white with absolutely no deposits, is this normal?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by SAABPILOT:
[qb]Hi,

I want to test the lambda output.
Does anybody know the pin number on the trionic multiplug for the oxygen sensor.
Car is occasionally stalling at idle possibly due to weak mixture.(I know the mixture is weak because of the spark plug colour) [/qb][/b]
Aside from the other replies, the easiest way to get to the O2 sensor wires is just under the flse bulkhead cover just where the aircon pipes dive in, there is a connector there.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.