Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
It was developed by a TSN regular. It appears to fool the MAP sensor into thinking the boost is lower than it is, making Trionic increase boost slightly. It is viewed with great suspicion by many people on TSN and elsewhere.

The first question in their FAQ indicates that it will have no effect on the boost gauge. However, the boost gauge on T5 systems is a purely mechanical device driven directly from manifold pressure. If boost increases, I would expect to see it on the gauge.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Although it's a way to increase boost, it's a dangerous route to follow IMO. There are also some clear errors in the information.

The comment about the boost gauge is one. Another is the contradiction between the following two statements:

- Retains TRIONIC T5 engine protection and adaptation features.
- Raises both boost and over boost fuel cutoff up to 4 PSI.[/b]
By raising the overboost fuel cutoff level, it therefore significantly reduces the protection offered.

It's not a route I would recommend myself for reasons I've expanded on many times before. If you want a safe, reliable increase in performance IMO the correct way to do so is via software control, not by any sort of gadget or add on that provides misleading information to Trionic.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Wasn't there a similar product on eBay a while back that claimed to fool Trionic in a similar manner? Bad news, as I recall we decided at the time.

Given some of the competitively priced upgrades out there at the moment, $250 for this thing isn't all that great compared with the bhp per $ (or
per $) to be gained from eg a Speedparts Stage 1 upgrade or somesuch.

Cheers

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts