Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 9000's both have outside trim that is in various shades of grey/black and after trying back to black ect likes of the sill, mirrors which have scuffs on them a not going back to black as it says on the tin!Is there a dye ,wax or paint that i can cover the marks and sills to get them back to black again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've used the above product (Forever Black) a number of times in the past. Works great and lasts a long time since it is a dye and not a treatment like Back to Black and Armor-all. It just takes a few coats to look even so work slow and take your time and it'll come out looking very dark.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have used regular boot polish before now (on a ford, not going near the 9000 with it!) and it worked well for a while (long enough to sell it anyway ) . sometimes you can find that the top layer needs to be removed as it has been turned to dust by the UV, found that getting rid of the top layer with "scotchbrite", or similar meant that the next layer stayed black for longer when applying silicon based sprays.

Pete

·
Registered
79 Posts
The black sneaker leather dye does work very well for what it is. I would rather spend a little more money then that and do it perfect but for the baller on a budget it may be the way to go as its readdily available and very inexpensive (~$3USD).

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I use Car Plan Black Trim Wax on mine, it tends to take a lot of wax to get a decent result, but it works. Now I'm going to be skint for few months I need to live with my black trim for a while longer, the Carlsson kit is going to have to wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.