Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted the Stage 2 brakes from Trent Saab to a 9000?
I've got a tweaked auto Aero and my discs are due for replacement anyway so I'm considering spending a bit more to get an improvement over standard.
Any comments would be welcome. TIA.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I'm sure Jason (forgotton his signon - "1992 a better quaff?") has had his brakes upgraded at Trent Saab on his old 2.0 Carlsson. I'm sure he was mightily impressed, though not sure exactly what he had done.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Yeah, I certainly did, and I'll probably do the same on my CD 2.3t. Awesome stopping power at speeds, makes negotiating the tight twisty lanes a breeze. Probably the best and most sensible upgrade you can do, definitely do it if you've hiked the power.

Only slight downside is the amount of dust they produce, unless your wheels have a good healthy coat of lacquer and polish on them you'll spend a lot of time cleaning them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi CD Carlsson (nice choice btw, we like "boots")

I'm in the Southampton area. I try to keep away from "that place" over your side of Hampshire <G>

I was originally going to go for new OEM discs and pads all round but the Stage 2 kit sounded v. good. As this is going to do some track time I took Jasons recommendation and advice on board and went for the kit.

Gonna do the backs OEM now too. Maybe some EBC pads?

Cheers

DD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.