Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank everybody for helping some saab owners to keep those cars on the road,I have had about 9 saabs fir the last 2 yrs,I just love them lets put it this way you have so many people driving dodge ford geo etcc,but not that many driving saab I also have an 88 sterling 825 sl these cars are so fun to drive if you can find one buy it,anyway my problem that I m having is with my 88 saab 9000 turbo the transmission pops out of the reverse but still goes i now that touwnsend got the fix for it without taking the trans out but they did not have any procedure for 9000,also the trans started making this wine noise it goes with the car speed someone told me that the cause is the pinion whatever that is so my question is the folowing is my trans will breakdown any time soon or is it just a noise that come with this old car,anyone who can answer my questions would be thankful

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Welcome to the Board Bob!

I have heard the "popping out of reverse" problem before, but cannot remember if this was just the plastic gaiter thingy or something more serious.

Sorry I'm not much help - hopefully the Techie Gurus will be able to help out more!

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sounds like the internals to me Bob & as the box is showing signs of wear (from the sounds) you can bet the other offending item (the bushes in the likage) will also need attention.

Sounds expensive!! Hope not.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
bob,

I bought a carlsson last july with it poping out of reverse.

Adjusting the linkage kept reverse going (while holding it in) until 6 weeks ago. Now I have NO reverse al all.

Makes you plan your journey though.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts