Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This if my first of meny posts on this board. i have checked alot of posts out and i think you guys have alot to offer me, i hope in time i can help you guys out as well.

yesterday i baught a 86 9000 turbo. awsome shape, 150,000 miles, $150
. the turbo is still nice and tite. the only thing is, it's stuck in gear (it's a 5 speed) i think it's in second. the stick feels like it's in nutral but it wont go into aney gears. i have to keep the clutch in or else it feels like it will go forward. it dosent make aney bad noises but i just dont know what to do. i'v looked around and i can get a new transmission for $700 but thats alot of money. i would like to know what could be wrong, does this happen to other people? what can be done? fix myselfe? does aneyone in the states have one to sell off the board? stuff along that line. i have more questions about other things, but i'll start other posts about them. thanks guys, aney help would be most awsome.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yeah that sounds exactly like what happened to me when my rubber couple broke while I was 150 miles from home! Luckily two ramps, and two hose clamps got me home.

Felt like it was in neutral, but only had fourth gear.

Left the hose clamps on. Occasionally I would re-tighten them. Gave the shifter an amazingly accurate feel on that car, though a bit more vibration. Normally it felt sloppy.

Dubbya~

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah so i found the problem. 7inch crack in the diff.... chunks falling out of it.

i'm in the process of getting a new one...errr a new used one.

thanks for all the great replys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.