Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, help!

My 92, 9000S just started leaking out its transmission fluid. Just as I was taking off from a stopped position, I noted a little smoke and then when I pulled into my drive, I noticed the little red trail. After raising the hood, I could see all of the transmission fluid running to the ground.

The red fluid is running from the drivers side. Looks like under where the transmission fluid dip stick is located.

Can anyone tell me what might be its problem . Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yours is an automatic i presume?

Under the gearbox there is a panel with three bolts where the atf filter is located. Maybe one of the seals of this panel failed.
Or the driveshaft seal failed. Though it shouldn't be leaking in the way you describe.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I had this problem, well sort of, driving home one afternoon I opened her up and saw in the rear mirror a big plume of smoke, S^%t, Turbo has gone, but why no loss of power? I slowed down and took it easy for the rest of next 2 miles home, When I parked up I poped the bonnett got out the car and she was bleeding all down the drive, looked as though she had been shot through the heart, F&^%. I looked high and low for a leak, even with the motor running I jusk could not see where it was comming from. Turned out to be a split hydro hose from the gearbox to the oil rad, right by the union to the rad. cost for new pipefrom SAAB £68,I had one made up for £30.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your replies.

The garage is 3.3 miles from my home. Would I probably make the drive or can I really cause more harm? Anyone?

I didn't get any sort of signals or indicators lights either Only a little smoke from under the hood--I presume from the liquid on the hot engine. And yes, what you have decribed Bacardi, was very similar--looked like an injury of some sort

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
335 Posts
well as far as the car is concerned and if you can tolerate the smoke then if its topped up enough it'll make it - but a trail of atf is not the best thing for motorbikes..... probably best to consider them now and again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.