Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, if I'm travelling around 50mph and accelerate sharpish (to overtake or whatever), I get tramp. At least, I think that's what it's called - it's a bit like the effect when abs kicks in - jerky progress anyway.

What's likely to cause this? Simon @ DCA just said "too much power" (his 2.3 Aero does it, apparently), but I don't think that's right because I'm not accelerating anywhere near flat out - it occurs at moderate acceleration and so is frequent enough to be a right pain.

I'm also pretty convinced it used not to do it.

The only suspension related change I've made is poly rear ARBs, but again I'm sure it was fine for some time after that was done.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Yep, I'd go along with that.

A while ago one of my Koni's with just about 20k on it gave up the ghost. It showed up mainly under extreme braking, when even on a level surface the car started to wander off course.

Nick.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Err, bouncing my shocks did nothing to suggest that one was on it's way out. My mechanic neighbours (all three of them ) all agree the bounce test is just not worth doing ( old wives tale / urban myth depending on how old you are
) I'd always thought it was a valid test but apparently not.

The only sure thing is that if the car drives like it has a shock related problem then it probably has! Not much help I know...

Nick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts