Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at trading in my anniversary for a late model 900 or 93. The Anniversary (photos of which can be found in the forecourt) has 113-114K miles on the clock and has a full saab service history upto 83K miles.. servicing since then has been carried out by a local garage.

Its a 2.0eco LPT manual and apart from a couple of minor scratches in the laquer and a little bit of damage to the interal cloth lining round the tail gate is in pretty good condition.

So the question is how much should I be looking at as a reasonable trade in value?

Steve

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh pooh

Good old Parkers (Yus M'lady) comes up with 2.3K for a 70K 9000 - so thats about 1800 for a P reg with 114K on the clock. They say that dealer retail is 3.4 and private good is 3.1

I'm getting very depressed... it would be worth more written off

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Neither of mine reached Parker's "Private Poor" level

I think you are looking at £1000 as an offer from a trader.

I really don't think the dealers want anything other than low mileage stuff they can sell quickly.

With hindsight I would have reckoned to be better off selling privately. With all the hassle that involves.

At least you can go for the next car "cash in hand".

You could also look here (still very optimistic in my opinion):
http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/carvalue/carvalue_home.jsp

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good God - it comes up with a figure of 4880 for a dealer selling it right now. So if you took the parkers trade in value....
Arthur Daley would be rubbing his hands in glee.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ok, so how much it would affect these prices if it was a Black '94 9000 Aero with 150k on the clock. (gearbox recon+new clutch and brakes 5k ago) I am hoping for about £3-4k, do you think this is reasonable?

Mark

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi

Just from recent experience, dealers don't tend to look at Parkers, AA, What Car or the like....Glass's guide is how they value your trade in. Parkers etc over-value. There are also (and I know you'll think I'm weird for saying this )geographical variations in prices.

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt it. There is a P reg 9000 CD with 64K on the clock at a garage near me - £3995 been sitting on the forecourt for weeks.

I think the bottom has dropped out of the 9000 market which is why my P reg is up for 3K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.