Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I'm a speed junkie, but I've noticed even in the recent dry weather that if I turn my switchable traction control off, my AERO seems much less hessitant and the "whoosh" keeps commming as you go through the gears.

Is this what you all find or might my TCS be mis behaving itself

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
If it's the switchable TCS it's the later one, is it?! Errrr .... someone confirm this for me.

I thought the later TCS units were more reliable than the early non-switchable jobbies.

If I had switchable TCS it would be permanently "off" to be honest. But it's a question of confidence and driver preference I suppose.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I found with my '90 CD (with the very earliest 9000 traction control) that the TCS often overcompensated for a brief lack of traction. Its remit seemed to be: "No wheelspin at all. No, not even a bit. Sorry, but those are the rules - nothing I can do about it. It'd be more than my job's worth..."

Even with great suspension and tyres, I'm sure sometimes my Aero will spin the wheels slightly while I accelerate. On the CD, this would have caused the TCS to back the throttle off drastically.

Even with a lot of traction I still spin the wheels occasionally (with a Maptun-claimed 275hp), but I find backing off a bit and perhaps still allowing a little bit of wheelspin gives me better progress than backing right off, which is what the CD used to do.

As I say, this was the very earliest system...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts