Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting on a boat in the middle of the North Sea, really depressed at not making the Saabscene trackday today, when I heard about a trackday beeing organised by Bookatrack for the 26th September at Rockingham.

This circuit is the only (useable!) banked circuit in the UK, and the trackday will use the International Long track which incorporates some of the banked parts.

There are already two Saabs provisionally booked in, my 99 Turbo and a 900 V6, should be a good day and an opportunity for a meet or another trackday if like me you have become hooked!

More info at www.bookatrack.co.uk, so come on, lets show those Caterfields what a real car is like!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm in for this one too! Only 15 minutes down the road from me! So here's to my first participation in a track day!

Been to watch a few events at Rockingham, great day out. Just hope its not as eventful as some of the NASCAR days there, those walls are solid!

Lets turn this into a major meet and show the other marques!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in, provisionally for now, funds will allow formal booking in about 2 weeks .

I thoroughly enjoyed Goodwood early this year and it would be good to have something similar happen again, but with a few more Saabs actually on the track . I hope the Anglesey day was a success for all that attended, work for me today so no come and play, but, maybe next time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is there an echo? Nope, its only Andy saying the same thing in TWO different places . Far be it from me to rub it in Andy, wouldn't dream of it - but it looks like you've been hung out to dry mate .
The whole world & his dog will be along before those absent moderators throw you a fig leaf .
Just like policemen, you can never find one when you need one!

Deep breath, chin up, shoulders back

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Not too far from me at all Rockingham, but unfotunately on my budget I can only afford one trackday a year! I'll certainly make the effort to turn up and spectate though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Time to start a list then? My brother is coming along in his stock SE6a Reliant Scimitar (on paper very similar to my 99T but in practice very different ) and Turbo Pete is bringing his Twin Turbo SE5 Scimitar, so we need some of the Power Boys to uphold the Saab marque!

Participating:

1. TFatC
2. Raggy
3. Andy Aero

Spectating:

1. Bussman
2. Jason (Mr Torque Steer)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats my co-driver organised!

As my brother pointed out, "at least somebody will gaet the old tub around the track at speed"

Participating:

1. TFatC/BillJ
2. Raggy
3. Andy Aero

Spectating:

1. Bussman
2. Jason (Mr Torque Steer)

·
Registered
323 Posts
As this will be my first trackday if any of you experienced old heads want to take it in turns to give me a few tips on the track, (translation - risk life and limb! ) please feel free to volunteer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Andy Aero:
[qb]As this will be my first trackday if any of you experienced old heads      want to take it in turns to give me a few tips on the track, (translation - risk life and limb!     )  please feel free to volunteer  
 [/qb][/b]
I am tempted to 'pays mi' money' and have the pro' sit in with me early in the day to guide me through what looks like a complex circuit, it is not overly expensive, the pointers and advice stay with you for life too. I've had Billj and Mark E sit in with me in the past to guide me through some laps which was very useful, after Billj had done a set with me at Elvington next time out nothing caught me and I started to catch and pass other people , i've since been on a rolling road and found the car is also running underpower too , so that is a bit of a wake up call for a few guys that think having a turbo could compensate for anything .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I have paid me money and definitely going despite the 99T not going to be ready.

Any excuse to take the Carlsson, , who else is coming? I need backup here with THREE reliants including a Twin Turbo beast confirmed, I need to uphold the Saab brand!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've now paid so i'm in formally!

So it's going to be a 900 Carly and a Vauxhall engined ng900 keeping up appearances on this day so it seems .

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I must say I am really tempted
I have brakes now,but no gearbox
If I can fix my throttle maladies I may be tempted....
I was put off by the cost but that is not an issue now..
I am a definite maybe ...
(we will see how much the gearbox will be ...)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ylee, I reckon Rockingham could be an ideal circuit for that Monster of yours! Get the gearbox fixed, quick

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only 7 places left so I guess you will have to be quick if you want to join in the fun

At the moment Scimitars outnumber Saabs 3-2

·
Registered
31 Posts
4 places left now and only 1 Saab turbo to enter the fray [i'll not be bothering to fit a turbo in mine, not worth the hassle], there's even a Vauxhall Nova in there now, I must admit, i'm suprised there isn't more 'nutter turbo barges' on this one as the circuit lends itself to such vehicles.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I would have been there, especially as my car is now square again, but my sept and early oct weekends are all booked out already...

Andrew

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Less than a week to go, on my way home (get there tomorrow
) so who is coming along then? Looks like quite a mini meet is going to happen

Driving:

1. TFatC
2. Raggy

Mini Meet

I need to know how many sticky buns will be required