Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just bought a 51 plate 9-3 2.2TID. The car has done 73k I bought it off a friend for pretty cheap as he repaired it, was a cat d in july 08. Because of this there is only 1 key and no history.

Are the dealer computers linked? I thought as its not too old it may have some dealer service history, so was gonna pop in to my local dealership. How much is a second key likely to cost? I suppose Saab is the only place to get one...

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can ring up your local Saab dealer and they should be able to tell you if it has any Saab main dealer service records. What youll need to ask is what dealer they were done at, then ring them to get a bit more information. Sometimes they dont keep that much info on the cars though. You can also ring Saab UK and find out about warranty repairs on the vehicle aswell. Sometimes theyre reluctant to give you this information, hiding behind data protection, but as long as they dont reveal any information about the previous owners then they should be able to give it to you since youre the rightful owner of the vehicle.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi there, my own recent experience of trying research service history was met the the phrase "data protection act" as Squidula suggested, I wish you better luck. Saab Customer Care (0845 300 9593) were helpful regarding recall information.

Regarding the key, no personnal experience - but link to post below should help:

Key Post

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went in to the local dealers today and they printed off a list of mileages, dates and services that were on the system. None from the original dealer so gonna chase them up and see if they have any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts