Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please help?
I need to fit a towsure towbar. Will wiring the electrics to the socket provided in the back affect the bulb failure monitoring system?

Do I need to remove the rear bumper?
Is it easy?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

·
Registered
969 Posts
There is a trailer connection socket under the rear LH light cover. I connected to the wires going into the socket with scotchloks as the Saab connection cable is around £60! I have heard of others who have connected into the socket using spade terminals. IIRC Haynes shows the connector socket and colours in their wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i fitted a towsure towbar to my last 9000, the bumper didnt come off but you have to make a small cut in the bottom for the bar. this is hidden once fitted. the boot floorpan has captive nuts fitted so it just fits on - the towsure kit was well dimensioned and needed no swearing to position correctly.
as far as the electrics, i used towsures supplied lead that fits the cars loom and everything worked including bulb check.
total time 1.5hours, and much better than a parking sensor

hope this helps!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by AlanG:
[qb]I connected to the wires going into the socket with scotchloks [/qb][/b]
Yeuch! Scotchlocks are NOT suitable for use in cars. They tend to corrode and become poor joints after time. The best method of joining wires is either to use crimps with a proper ratchet crimper or twist together, solder then self-amalg tape or heatshrink.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. I was just getting concerned because Towsures sells the bypass Relays for cars "with bulb failure monitors" etc which got me thinking if I required one. Should get the towbar delivered in the morning and will fit it tomorrow night. Hope it goes smoothly, don't want to be out all night in this weather!
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.