Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am new here, be gentle 😉

I have recently bought a tow bar, a Witter branded one with a dedicated electric kit which plugs in to the rear board in the boot. Also have the trailer module. The wiring kit is the 13pin European single socket.

Intend to fit just like this

Anyway checked everything connection wise with the electrics and it all tallies up.

Tested like this

What I don't have is anymore than permanent and switched live coming from the rear electric board in the car!? Nothing for lighting.

Slight voltage 0.2 - 0.15v which only slightly goes up with say the side lights on. Ignition on, off or car running I am lost!

Does the car need coding to say it has a trailer module fitted?

Or do I have to plug in a plug of a trailer or caravan (which I don't have) to 'turn it on' or 'wake it up'

I have a trailer socket tester in the post coming.

My car is a 2007 9-3 Wagon(pre facelift exterior)

·
Administrator
5,133 Posts
pretty sure it does,so it can disable the spa sensors when trailer/caravan attached and reversing..

·
Registered
103 Posts
pretty sure it does,so it can disable the spa sensors when trailer/caravan attached and reversing..
ah interesting, I already have bar and socket fitted by previous owner and I wondered if I attached a trailer if the parking sensor would sound non stop if I tried reversing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah interesting, I already have bar and socket fitted by previous owner and I wondered if I attached a trailer if the parking sensor would sound non stop if I tried reversing
If you have the full vehicle specific wiring this is the idea, as well as stability control change and fog light.

You can however turn off the parking sensors in the menu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I have tested again with a socket tester, confirms all that I could test manually.

Anyone got a list of Tech2 users so I can find one near me?!

Can be the only answer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts