Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last i have found a vehicle to tow my car about with.... Before you all start, I know it's not a saab, but it is Swedish and i can't afford a 9-5
so it's a volvo......... sorry!! but it is going to be put to good use taking my car to track days.
I was wondering if anyone on here has any knowledge of the 6-cyl VW Diesel engine fitted in my 740? or if anyone has a nice set of volvo wheels hiding in a corner of their garage that they don't want ?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hmm... are you sure you're going to be within the towing capabilities of the ovlov? The 9000 certainly has a very high max braked load (circa 1700kg) but I'd have though that by the time you get a 9000 on a trailer, the combined weight might be OTT.

If it is within the tow limits, you've still got a potentially dangerous combination and you should make sure that the rear shocks are in tip top condition and all the braking system.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]If it is within the tow limits, you've still got a potentially dangerous combination and you should make sure that the rear shocks are in tip top condition and all the braking system. [/qb][/b]
And/or use a braked trailer?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my car is getting well lightened, and the trailer is 4 wheel braked. I used to tow it with the peugeot 406, which was illegal for sure, but the volvo is rated to tow 1800kg versus the peugeot 1500kg. I am better off for sure, and it only cost me 200 quid! i would prefer a 250td mercedes, but they are difficult to come by and expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts