Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get them, and how they fit? Mine are perished and as I've taken it off anyway because the lower bracket that attaches to the engine has snapped its alternator hole off I may as wlel kill two birds at once.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i did mine with the bracet fitted to the block, i cut the rubber out with a hacksaw blade, using washing-up liquid as lubricant, once the rubber was removed i then made 2 cuts into the aluminuim sleeve, this them popped out, i then pushed the new polyurethane bush in and refitted.

total time 55 minutes

·
Registered
155 Posts
the company was called superflex, i have posted the link below, i only did the one that attaches to the block, that cost me about £15 with overnight delivery, the other was fine, but the difference was outstanding, i also have the abbott poly gearbox bush to do, but as of yet have not had the time, here's the link

www.superflex.co.uk

it came in a red colour to match the DI pack, and my red vaccum hoses

have fun

cheers

tommy

·
Registered
155 Posts
none, i just took it easy till, i cut through the ally bush casing, and then repeated it at another point on the casing, the bush then just tapped out with a mallet, it left two light score marks, but nowt serious

have fun

tommy

·
Registered
155 Posts
sorry, not been on-line 4 a while, yes proper way is to press then out, but mine has been in for ages now, using the cut out method, no problems, just enhancments.

try, you will not be sorry, just be carfeull

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SO press out and press back in again. I have access to a press at work so I might be able to do it. You know the rubber inserts you bought, did they come with the metal hole in the middle? Does anyone like Euro Car Parts stock em' or someone like GSF Car Parts I only ask this because theres some local to me. Oh and did you change the rubber on both sides of the torque arm i.e. upper and lower.

·
Registered
155 Posts
after removing the old bush i inserted the 2 piece bush (best described as 2 top hats), then there was a metal insert pushed in, refitted bolt tightened up didnt torque it though, renoved jack from under engine, job done. yes i believe euro car parts can supply the bush, but after reading through another forum i sided for the superflex bushes, and they were cheaper. i only did the mount that attatches to the block, as i read on the same forum, that with both converted to poly bushes, theres a tendancy for vibration at idle, before the mod my engine used to move all over, and pop out of second gear like hell, now its sweet, it still sometimes pops out of second, but after the gearbox bush replaced, i think this will be cured.

it is a very easy job to do with the bracket in situ, at 1st i was worried about removing the bracket, but after i had done one, in under an hour, i wouldnt hesitate to do another.

have fun

tommy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts