Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

tornado air

Tags
air tornado
2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  turbosaab 
#1 ·
I own a 91 9000 2.3L turbo and was thinking about installing "tornado air" in as seen on TV. I was wondering if anyone has heard of it or installed it on their vehicle and can tell me if it is worth it. Is it bad for the turbo?

thank you in advance
Marlon

#3 ·
Hi Turbosaab,

Had a look at http://www.tornadoair.com/ to see what it's all about - and , nope, wont make a blind bit of differance on a turbo car.

It will only effect normally aspirated cars (and that's debateable).

As your turbo is in effect sucking in air and the max volume of air is determined by the size of the air intake.

You would be better off spending your $'s on a free flowing air filter from JR or K&N or such like.

BTW welcome to the board.

Damian

#4 ·
Wow! 10-24% improvement in fuel economy! Makes you wonder why something similar isn't built into the induction system on all cars. Surely it would be a lot cheaper than highly sophisticated electronics and lean-burn engines that only give a few percent gain...
Hmm...

Anyway, I agree with DaMOB. Any "swirl" effect entering the turbo would be completely lost at the compressor. I can't see how it could damage anything, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.