Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by JezF:
[qb]Any comments as I am not sure which to order?[/qb][/b]
Yes, the ones I got from ECP were cr4p and now rattle. The bearing and rubber are in a plastic insert which isn't very well secured into the metal part. I don't think they'll come apart, but the plastic insert is no longer tight enough in the metal part not to rattle.

·
Registered
152 Posts
the ones I bought from Eurocarparts earlier this year were swedish and didn't have plastic inserts like BillJ's. Mine just had the rubber bonded to the ali outer. They were fine, but a pig to fit without the special tool.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the advice, chaps. I will make further enquiries with ECP & check with Neobrothers too. May end up going to a main dealer if I can't get original parts on this one.

By the way, these were not rattling at all before I had the new suspension fitted. So beware!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by DrD:
[qb]the ones I bought from Eurocarparts earlier this year were swedish and didn't have plastic inserts like BillJ's.[/qb][/b]
I think I'll speak to them on the phone before ordering.
What special tool? I didn't need anything other than what it took to compress the springs and undo the top nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.