Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a formula that calculates top speed, based upon power, torque, weight, cd etc?

Reason I ask as I'd be interested to know what the max speed of my car is. Not that I'm ever likely to go faster than the top speed of my car unmoodified - 149mph.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Don't forget ambient temp, wind speed and direction.

Oh and the need for the MIRA banking or Gaydon, as that's probably the only places in the UK where you could achieve it...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I think for a rough estimate, it comes down to Horsepower at the wheels and CdA with weight little or nothing to do with it (waiting to be shot down in flames here). But as for a formula, have to wait for some brainbox to come along Jez.
Meanwhile have a look/laugh at this for a start... New top speed calculator This doesn't show it's working out, which might upset some people!
Nick.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Jeez...how could I forget Millbrook after the amount of times I've been a nav on tarmac stages there....mind you always seem to use the twisty hilly bits rather than the bowl bit....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
It gets mine pretty close, also. It says 155 for me. Which consequently is what I was showing during the September meet when I got that BMW out of the left lane!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts