Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres the deal, I have a 2001 9-3 Se Automatic with a catback, downpipe/cat, intake pipe and filter.

With a Nordic stage 2 ECU upgrade my car will produce 250hp and 266ft/lbs torque. Thats with just the ECU, catback, and new fpr.

Apparently the manual version of my car can handle the Nordic stage 3 ECU which comes with all the above plus a dp and sport filter.

Since i already have all of those, im pushing to have a custom stage 3 ECU from Nordic done up for my car but im being told that the 270hp and 273tq im being told that my transmision will not take to this much power and torque mostly because the dp will allow too much torque in the lower REV band.

Do you guys think i should just stick with the stage 2 and put back on the old dp and sell the new one i got a few months ago or do u think my transmission will be alright????

Thank!!
Pat

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I thought Nordic always put a torque limitation in the software to protect the auto box when it's in the lower ratios....???

But it does seem from their site that they don't do Stage 3 for the auto.
Strange, I would have thought they would still allow the 250hp but keep the 350Nm torque for the Stage 3 auto....???

Perhaps Sasse will answer this post

·
Registered
202 Posts
@ Pat 9-3

I have ordered and waiting at home for me a Nordic Steg 3 for my 2002 9-5 with autobox. Modification necessary are the ECU, 3" downpipe + racecat, sports exhaust, uprated FPR and sports air filter.

Because I found slightly differing information concerning the Steg 3 for my car in Nordic's English and Swedish sites, I asked what the power and torque are going to be for me. Answer: 250 bhp and 390 Nm (or 287 lbs/ft). Apparently the autobox is good for 400 Nm, at least that's the information I earlier got from Maptun. I also know someone that runs a Maptun 6+ on the same box and hasn't got any problems so far.

If I'm not mistaken, your engine is the same as mine, but you probably have the 4-speed autobox. Could it be that this is the reason Nordic is reluctant to give you the power you want for your car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts