Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me I'm wrong. My Anniversary 2.3lpt is currently showing 39mpg - at one point it went well over 40!

Now I did press reset on setting out and did drive it sedately (keeping to speed limits) yesterday evening on a return journey of just under an hour along the A38.

It recently had a full service at Jamsaab and I also squirted some WD40 down the sleeves of the DI cartridge earlier in the week.

This is my first journey of any length i.e. outside of Bristol (where it previously showing 30.6mpg around town) so I can only come to four conclusions
1) WD40 made the difference.
2) The figures are incorrect.

3) It is that good an engine
4) The driver is very, very good/economical (sic)

Needles to say three of these four are probably correct, so don't comment on the last point!

Does anyelse get these sort of figures?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I've had over 40mpg measured (brim to brim), and up to 44mpg out of my Aero on a sedate runs of 100m+ before now.

Get on a dual carriageway or motorway and set the cruise to 60mph and 40+mpg averages appear in no time.

Andrew

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm able to get these figures and a bit better from my mother's 9-3 2.0 lpt (150 bhp) I managed 45mpg on a 150 mile motorway trip, being very careful, but still doing the speed limit wheer possible - but as soon as you start letting it boost when you pull away it drops off quickly.

My dad regularly sees 33 out of his 9-5 Aero, so your figures just reflect considerate use of the loud pedal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On average I get 20-22 mpg round town from my 93 Aero but I have only had it 2 months and the
is still very much an overpowering effect. I love to listen to the whoosh from the dump valve too so the turbo has been kept spinning in most cases. Al of this is normally on a 4 mile journey to and from work or siitning the the Lincoln jams. Average speed is always below 16mph acordding to the computer!!
Took it to the beash once and I got about 30mpg on windy back roads with whole family and 2 dogs on board. I'm just waiting for a run to Liverpool to see how I do on the motorway.

Lee

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi all..

My average is 27.3 according to the trip computer ... thats for a 90ish dash up the m3 (100 miles) then 15 miles through London traffic... The cruise usually gives me 33mpg or thereabouts, it's sitting in London traffic that drags the average waaaay down...

Greg

'96 2.3 CSE FPT manual

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.