Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got water collecting under the Tonneau cover seal. I've tried the dealer but they say it's not a problem because all Saab verts do it and I'm the only person ever complained about it. I'd like to get it sorted before it starts rusting or leaking into the boot so it looks like it's DIY.
I've searched on here and the fix seems to be a bead of sealant where the seal fits to the lip and another under the outer edge of the seal, so a few questions for the experts.
1/ What's the best sealant to use ?
2/ If I put the hood down but stop before the cover starts to close will it stay like that and for how long ?
3/ Does the seal just pull off and push back ? ( no silly clips or anything )
4/ All tips welcome.

Thanks Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got water collecting under the Tonneau cover seal. I've tried the dealer but they say it's not a problem because all Saab verts do it and I'm the only person ever complained about it. I'd like to get it sorted before it starts rusting or leaking into the boot so it looks like it's DIY.
I've searched on here and the fix seems to be a bead of sealant where the seal fits to the lip and another under the outer edge of the seal, so a few questions for the experts.
1/ What's the best sealant to use ?
2/ If I put the hood down but stop before the cover starts to close will it stay like that and for how long ?
3/ Does the seal just pull off and push back ? ( no silly clips or anything )
4/ All tips welcome.

Thanks Alan
I hope you found the answer to this as I have the exact same questions!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts