Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, had boost problems, found out to be a split and disconnected hose from dump valve. I replaced hose from dump valve that runs down side of engine toward the T-connection. Also replace the feed-off pipe that runs along back of engine, the one that joins onto back of engine( drivers side.)
I noticed near the t-junction point that there was a wire(yellow) with a crimp-connector hanging loose.
Wire was covered in an external plastic sleeve, and seems to dissapear within a few inches into the depths behind engine. What could this be please ( maybe it has always been loose ), but can't find anywhere to push connector on to.

Could this be anything to do with temp needle( or anything come to that) Or what else may I have dislodged please ( more than co-incidence that it has just gone, Ok when I parked car before replacing hoses).

Thankyou all
Andy

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sounds very very much like the connection to the temp sender has dropped off. The spade connector should push onto the sender which is a small 'top hat' spigot sticking out of the side of the head, either on the thermostat housing or next to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts