Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have a 1994 Aero (euro spec) with a 2.0ltr B204 motor. For the life of me, I can't find a timing belt or a timing belt part number.
Can anyone help me find the right part number for this motor?

Kind Regards,
john

·
Registered
330 Posts
yep, its a chain
The last saab number i knew of for it was 9131145
but unless its rattling i wouldnt worry toooo much about changing it. Mines up to 148,000 mile and just going now (well for the last 6 months
)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does only 9k Aero wers sold in Italy?
2nd time in my life i heard about 204R engine in AERO, first time i don't belive i says "that is impossible, AERO had 2.3T"

- now i remember , Italins pays very big taxes over 2.0 l

(sorry for gramma)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy dog doo.......cant believe i am such an idiot....ok....let me hit my head real hard on the desk

<WHAM>

ok....sorry...did not mean timing belt since it has a chain. i meant a serpentine (auxiliary) drivebelt.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hows the desk ?
IIRC there were two size's fitted to these types of engines (B204/B234).
# 4395448 was without aircon/climate,and worked out to be a size of around 6PKx2325mm (max)
# 4904116 was for aircon/climate and worked ot to be about a size of around 6PKx2550mm (max)
The sizes of aftermarket belts do tend to differ slightly from the Genuine ones,but within 10-15mm seems to be quite acceptable on these engines.
Dont forget to check the rollers as well,as it always easier to do the job only once .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as usual...the desk wins. but i did learn another valuable lesson.

thanks for the belt info. i was thinking and now will plan on replacing the rollers since they don't cost much. i rather replace the cheap than be sorry later on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.