Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to sure at the moment, I would like an Aero, but common sense is telling me to get something smaller, I will see what happens with this one first
Mark

·
Registered
763 Posts
Gut reaction for such a wonderful car is.....GO GRAB IT! , but sometimes common sense has to prevail! If the missus would not have been keen for a 900, I am sure I would have succombed to the temptation .

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Isn't that Mrs Zeppelin lurking in the background?

Quick question: is your uprated wastegate actuator the Abbott one? and how much did it cost? (OK that's two: never expect the Spanish Inquisition! ) Nice car and a great sound from the exhaust as I recall.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Paul
I pulled the stat sheets for the carlsson from the net a couple of years ago, when I sort my scanner out (next couple of days) I will send you a copy if you want, the wheels were sorted out at Wheelton Garage took around 2/3 days

Mark

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Thanks for the link. Mark E gave me this link and also Turbotechnics: I checked out that one and they told me the only people were Abbott, then I didn't get round to this link (doh!)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Paul,
The original finish of the wheels is with a 'diamond cut' edge which is lacquered over. This is very susceptible to chipping and eventually water then corrodes underneath the finish. This coating will not last for long, perhaps a couple of years (looking reasonable), but the refurb' guys don't like to give a guarantee of longer than say six months.
When I had my set done a three years back, I had the centres done in the original colour, with the edges in silver (all powder coat, baked on). It didn't look quite as good as the diamond cut edge , but it did last really well and was as new when I sold the car earlier this year.
HTH
Nick.

PS. The cost of the job was £221 inc VAT at Spit'n'Polish in Tonbridge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts