Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd give a thumbs up to Beechdale Saab (main dealer in Derby).

Having tripped the SRS light on my Aero, I dropped in today, as I was passing and asked if they could reset it, not a problem, just dropped it round the back, tech came out, plugged Tech 2 in and reset it.

No charge.

David.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Amongst the cacophany of accusations of rip-off dealers or "dealers" to which we are subjected by the armchair experts of this board, it is beautiful to hear reports of good service from a Saab dealer

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
And my local dealer who knows me (buy parts from them when I have no other option - and bought a car from them 3 years ago) charged my £20+ to tell me which sensor was tripping the ABS light

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why do some places do this?

Ok, they got 20 quid this time, but you sure as heck are not going to give them anything else unless you are forced to. Their 20 quid might have lost them 100's or even 1000's in the long run.

Why can't they see this?

Obviously, if you were down there every week asking them to reset this and that, then they use up time, but they would pretty quickly realise this and stop you.

Just crazy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.